Chatsworth Water Works Commission provides water services to the residents of the City of Chatsworth, the City of Eton, and to the majority of Murray County. Waste water services are provided to the City of Chatsworth and the City of Eton. According to the 2010 Georgia Drinking Water System Rate Survey conducted by the Georgia Environmental Facilities Authority (GEFA), Chatsworth Water Works Commission ranks among those utilities as having the lowest average consumer bill for water and waste water services. This is a reflection of our commitment to provide the best water and waste services at the lowest possible rates.
Chatsworth Water Works Commission is located in Chatsworth, GA. Chatsworth is nestled in the northern part of Georgia at the foot of Fort Mountain. On January 3rd, 2006 the utility moved into a new 31,250 square foot facility in order to consolidate our operation. By locating in one central location we were able to streamline our operation and therefore lower our operating costs.
Chatsworth Water Works Commission is actively involved in seeking new innovative ways in which to improve customer service in the most economical manner. We have expanded our water supply capacity by partnering with the City of Calhoun and Dalton Utilities. This partnership provides additional MGD (million gallons per day). We are also partnering with Ocoee Utility District for an additional 300,000 gallons per day.
When and how is my water meter read?
1) If you live north of the County Courthouse your meter is read the middle of the month. If you live south of the County Courthouse your meter is read the 1st of the month. The exact day differs from month to month.
2) Your water meter is read using AMR technology. Each water meter is equipped with a radio transmitter that transmits the reading on the dial every 8 seconds.
Our meter reading truck is equipped with a radio receiver that accepts the transmitted information and is taken back to the main office for processing. The meter can also be read with a device that a person can carry with him or her.
How do I pay my water bill?
1) Visit our Office - Monday through Friday, 8:00am till 4:30PM EST
2) Drop Box - Open 24 hrs. Located on the south side of the office building next to the drive-through window.
3) Mail - We suggest that you mail your payment at least 5 business days before the due date.
4) Pay On-Line by visiting our website and clicking on the green pay your bill online button.
5) Pay by Phone - Call 855-265-1361. Mastercard and VISA only. You must have your Customer Number.
We accept cash, checks, VISA, Mastercard, bank drafts and money orders.
What do I do when my water is muddy or discolored?
Call our office (706.695.3132) and speak to one of our friendly customer service representatives.
Do you allow bank drafts?
Yes, You will need to come into our office to fill out the necessary forms.
Do you accept debit or credit cards?
Yes. We accept VISA and Mastercard for in office payments only. We also accept cash, checks, and money orders.
What do I do if my service has been cut off for non-payment?
1) You will need to come to our office during normal business hours.
2) You will need to pay your previous balance, current balance, and disconnect fee.
3) If you do not have a deposit on file you will need to pay that as well
620 S 2ND AVE
Chatsworth, GA 30705
MAIL TO ADDRESS
PO BOX 100
Chatsworth, GA 30705
Phone: (706) 695 3132
Fax: (706) 695 2484